thevoraciousreader

Sophie

Lolita
Vladimir Nabokov, Craig Raine
Wanderlove - Kirsten Hubbard Normally this would be a 3 star read for me. Nothing special in terms of characters or writing, but what really makes the difference is the reason why I picked the book up in the first place: my love of Central America. I've actually been to several of the places in the book, such as Lake Atitlan, Antigua, Chichicastenago, Livingston, Rio Dulce, and the waterfalls. Several times I would just put down the book and have a very strong memory from when I visited those places. The best thing about this book is that the plot doesn't really get in the way of the actual places. For some books that take place in other countries, the plot is so overpowering that I don't really get a good sense of the place at all. I know it's a funny thing to complain about, too much plot, but sometimes it can be kind of nice to daydream about different places. This book achieved that very much, and the romance wasn't overpowering either, as is the case for many YA books.So, 4 stars it is.