thevoraciousreader

Sophie

Lolita
Vladimir Nabokov, Craig Raine
Changeless - Gail Carriger I liked this one a bit better than the first, most likely because I got more used to [a:Gail Carriger|2891665|Gail Carriger|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1257289860p2/2891665.jpg]'s writing style and world. Even saying that, this won't be the most positive review. There's a curse that's making it so that the werewolves can't change (which causes various problems, including the fact that their special powers also go away) and whatever is causing that seems to be causing other problems in the supernatural world. Then Alexia's husband goes away without telling her where he's gone, leaving her to try to do her duties and solve the mystery of what's going on. Other elements of this book include a new parasol, several possible attempts on Alexia's life, the return of Ivy and one of Alexia's sisters, a trip to Scotland, a new parasol (and the mysterious Frenchwoman that designed it!), and more. That being said, the plot seemed kind of thin. There was a lot going on yet it felt like not much actually happened, if that makes any sense. Also, regarding the ending, Wow, took a long time for that pregnancy to be revealed. It's surprising that Madame LeFoux is the only one to say that as a preternatural, Alexia has a lot unknown about her. Plus, it's been acknowledged that she has an affect on Conall and touching him affects him. Her family annoys me so that's an element I'm not much looking forward to in the next book.